What We Believe
We believe the entire Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. House of Grace has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as our standard and official expression of doctrine.
- That every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful – showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.
- In one God Who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all of us have sinned and fall short of God’s glory but if we admit and confess our sins, He is faithful and true to His own nature and will forgive our sins and continuously cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- That spiritual rebirth, freedom from guilt and shame, and complete restoration are accomplished by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In the continuous pursuit of a life devoted fully to God, through faith in the blood of Christ, through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
- In the infilling of the Holy Spirit after salvation as a result of yielding to His work in us and in speaking with other tongues as the initial evidence of the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
- In water baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit as a public confession of Jesus as Lord.
- Divine healing is provided for all though Jesus.
- In the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of the sacrifice made for us by Jesus and washing of the saints’ feet as a symbol of humility.
- In the bodily resurrection, eternal life for those who receive Jesus Christ as their only hope of salvation, and eternal punishment for those without Christ as Savior.